Thursday, April 28, 2011

Studio Gallery Intern Art Review


Brian Kirk’s stunning sculpture “Emerald Light” is definitely an eye catcher in the gallery. The soft light magnetizes your curiosity and controls you until you are up close. It is made of a variety of materials like copper, wood, and fused glass to frame the small light bulb in the back. To me, the strips of copper in front of the glass resemble a bow that completes the piece. The texture of the piece is amazing and you find yourself unconsciously lifting your hand to touch it. This sculpture differs from Brian’s traditional work, but perfectly shows how creative and talented he is. As I look at it, I picture it being hung in my room as a nice dim light that would calm me on the most stressful days.

Asia Reynolds
Savannah College of Art and Design
2015

No comments:

Post a Comment