Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Bridges, Cars, & Pumps (and a few African Rumps)

Photographer Sarah Alexander opens at Foundry Gallery June 30

Exhibit Dates: June 30 - August 1
Hours are Wednesday-Friday, 1-7pm and Saturday-Sunday, 12-6pm.
Reception is Friday, July 9, 6-8pm.


When I take photographs, I like to focus on details - just parts of a scene.  I often frame my images in ways that are unusual – from behind or above, very close, or maybe only a segment of the subject. . . I like to leave viewers with questions... What is this?  How does that fit together? What has this texture? What does the rest of that look like? When I take photos, I like to capture the mystery, but never solve it. 


The show in the main gallery concentrates on the intricacies of bridges, antique cars, and old gas pumps. The foyer also hosts some interesting photos, but these focus on only one specific part . . . Enjoy. -Sarah Alexander

Foundry Gallery
1314 18th Street, NW
http://www.foundrygallery.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment